Friday, February 22, 2008

New Blog & First Post

Greetings, and welcome to my new blog. I am new to the blogosphere, and hope to see my blog improve dramatically, in terms of appearance, as I come up to speed.

This blog will be devoted largely to the discussion of books, writing, publishing, and the book industry. This will include some observations on book selling and promotion, which is how I have been making my living for the past decade. Of course, there will be book reviews. I have published a number of these over the years (Athens Magazine, Southern Distinction Magazine, Gainesville Life Magazine, Accent Gwinnett Magazine, and The TESOL Quarterly, if you care to have a look). Much of what I post here will concern Georgia writers, particularly those living and working in and around Athens, Georgia. These postings will be labeled "The Athens, Georgia Writer's Chapbook", the working title of a book that I am currently working on.

I will also be posting on matters concerning water. I married into the field, and have grown quite interested in issues concerning this natural resource, particularly given Georgia's drought, and the recent move by the Georgia General Assembly to move Georgia's borders with Tennessee and North Carolina in order to utilize some of the water resources now residing in those states.

I would like to thank my friend and former colleague, Michael E. Casey, for offereing technical recommendations over the past year, and for firing my imagination with regards to the virtual world and its potential for "old school, paper and ink, info junkies" like myself. Michael is the Division Director for Information Technology at the Gwinnett County (GA) Public Library, the co-author (with Laura Savastinuk) of the book Library 2.0-A Guide to Participatory Library Service, and coined the term "Library 2.0". I hope that he considers me a student.

Visit Michael's blog at www.librarycrunch.com.

Remember, REAL MEN READ.

Eddie

No comments: